What We Do
We support drinking water operator certification and promote continuing education for those in the drinking water industry by:
- Liaising with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) in an advisory capacity through active participation on the MECP’s Operator Certification Working Group
- Developing and conducting public workshops where speakers provide an overview of topics related to the water industry that:
- Provide timely information transfer between regulatory agencies, OWWA members, and others interested in the water industry
- Provide the opportunity to exchange information among the drinking water industry professionals on topics of operation and maintenance of water treatment and distribution facilities
- Provide information related to relevant acts and regulations governing operator certification and the drinking water industry, best practices, new trends and technology, etc
- Creating content for the Certification Corner and other articles for the Pipeline magazine
- Soliciting input from the OWWA membership regarding issues important to the water industry
- Periodically contacting other OWWA Committees regarding content and participation in our workshops
Our committee generally meets 3 to 5 times per year, and members are able to participate in meetings either in-person or via conference call.
If you have a workshop topic to suggest, a comment about a recent workshop or would like to participate at a future workshop as a guest speaker please email us.
If you are interested in learning about how to become a water operator, visit the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification office at www.owwco.ca.
Committee Member Login
Certification & Education
||County of Brant
||Walkerton Clean Water Centre
||City of Barrie Wtr. Oper. Branch
||Municipality of Chatham-Kent Eng. & Inf. Div.
||Ontario Water Works Association
||Tiny Township Waterworks